The Utility Safety & Ops Leadership Network has adopted the following Standards of Ethical Conduct to promote and maintain the highest standards of utility safety leadership and personal conduct among its members. Adherence to these standards is expected from members of the association. These standards serve to assure utility industry confidence in the integrity of utility safety leaders.
Standards of Ethical Conduct
The Utility Safety & Ops Leadership Network (USOLN) has adopted the following Standards of Ethical Conduct to promote and maintain the highest standards of utility safety leadership and personal conduct among its members. These standards serve to assure utility industry confidence in the integrity of utility safety leaders. Ethical leadership is expected from members of USOLN. These principles are intended to strengthen our critical safety mission. However, they will not cover every situation or challenge that one may face. The following principles shall serve as guidance in making sound, ethical decisions in both business relationships and the routine execution of our professional duties.
USOLN members shall use the following ethical guidelines and as a member in good standing shall pledge themselves to the following Standards of Ethical Conduct:
- Obey all applicable laws
- Honesty, fairness, acting with responsibility and integrity
- Open, candid communications
- Mutual respect and trust for each individual and company one deals with
- Proactive dispute resolution
- Promise only what can be delivered
- Refuse to offer or accept gifts, favors, or entertainment that obligates or appears to obligate me to act in any way contrary to ethical business practices and avoid compromise of professional judgment by conflicts of interest
- Proper management of confidential and/or proprietary information as it applies to each unique business relationship
- Conduct professional relations by the highest standards of integrity
- Refuse to engage in negative communications either privately or publicly that disparage other individuals or entities of the triangle
- Act in a manner free of bias with regard to religion, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation or disability
- Encourage all businesses within my sphere of influence to adopt these principles
- Seek opportunities to be of constructive service in civic affairs and work for the advancement of the safety, health and well-being of the community and our profession by sharing knowledge and skills
I understand that it is my solemn responsibility to demonstrate the content as well as the spirit of this document within my industry and profession.